One of the many things that I miss about San Francisco is the Farmer Market at the Ferry Building. When I lived there, I used to go for a run in the morning and then head over to the Ferry Building and buy some fresh food to take home. This Farmer Market is very popular in San Francisco and can be visited on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Since I moved to Miami, I’ve been trying to keep the same healthy lifestyle. Eventually, I want to return to the same weight I had 5 years ago (minus 10 lbs) and that leads to eating as healthy as possible. In Miami, I often go to Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s or Fresh Market.
I love the Fresh Market! I can find everything I need there and most importantly, everything is actually really fresh! My favorite are the fruits, vegetables and meats sections. This is ideal for me! They also have a section of very rich desserts. All of them are made the same day. Once a week I try some of these delicacies.
I have been going to the Fresh Market for almost 6 months now, I usually go 2-3 times a week. I usually buy fruits, fresh flowers and freshly baked bread. I have also been testing some products that have started as a “placeholder”, quickly becoming recurring purchases. Here’s a complete list of the items that I love for various reasons and I’d like to share with you.
- Root American Made Candles: I love candles with citrus essences (orange or tangerine). This one especially has a very fresh and delicate aroma!
- Hibiscus Superflower Tea: Tea is one of the most popular and oldest drinks in the world. I love this brand! They have several flavors. Right now, I’m trying the Pineapple Lychee. I take it several times a day, especially before going to bed. I am not saying that this is causing me to lose weight, but it has helped me a lot. Try it and let me know!
- Ginger Delights Candy: These are really delicious! They have three flavors: Spicy Chai, Mango, and Pear + Ginger. My favorite is the Mango one.
- Seventh Generation Hand Soap: After trying different hand soaps (I have very sensitive skin), this is the first hand soap that does not irritate me. I also love it because it smells incredible. I use it so often that I know for sure I’ll finish it pretty soon.
- Natural Hand Sanitizer: I bought it once out of necessity and it is one of those products that have become regular in my purchase. It’s my second time buying it!