Good morning! How was your weekend? I’m feeling a little exhausted due to this month’s fitness challenge (100 miles run/walk in the month of October). I already have about 60 miles logged. I’m very happy about it. Here in Miami even though you do not notice much of the temperature difference, it’s time to say goodbye to the Summer and prepare for the Autumn-Winter season. It’ll be the first time that I spend the last quarter of the year here in Miami. I’ll be sure to keep you updated on my day to day this last quarter of 2018.
After an intense Summer full of excess food and wine glasses, it’s time to detoxify the body. We need to get to Christmas with a few pounds less in order to look great during the holiday season. Today I have written 5 quick tips that are helping me eliminate the gains from Summer. I hope they are helpful to you too.
1. Drink some lemon water. Lemon helps us detoxify our body.
2. Go for a semi-fasting cleanse juice. My favorite is carrot, celery, parsley and lemon.
3. Drink lots of water. Staying hydrated helps me a lot, but is the most difficult choice for me.
4. Try horsetail tea (diuretic) and fennel tea (digestive).
5. Eat a balanced diet. I try to make 5 meals a day and specifically follow the Mediterranean diet which is rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants.
Wishing you all a great week ahead!!!